Changelog Version 2.0 Build 1006
1)The user interface has been completely upgraded to support the desktop version running on an iPad or other tablets (iPad optimised).
2) The Blue Bay and Clifton Themes have been removed. Ultra modern Neptune and Crisp themes have been added. The Neptune theme is the default theme for new users. Classic theme and Gray theme will remain for now but have not been optimised.
3) Form tabs are now displayed on the left side and form titles on the right to provide easier navigation and more vertical display height.
4) The way that documents are handled in the system has had major overhaul. System document templates can now be edited by the user.
5) Subcontractors can now log into the mobile version. They can see appointments and use all clocking features (see below).
1) Email capabilities have now been added. Emails can be sent to occupiers of properties, agents, staff members, suppliers and also from within jobs. All emails sent will appear in the list of communications for the given business object and also in the list of communication for the sender (staff member).
2) Text messaging (SMS) capabilities have now been added. Text messages can be sent to occupiers of properties, agents, staff members, suppliers and also from within jobs. All text messages sent will appear in the list of communications for the given business object and also in the list of communication for the sender (staff member).
3) Reminder emails and text messages can be set for appointments and the system will send them out, either manually or automatically, to the property, agent or staff responsible at intervals / times set by the user. The user can configure default reminders for an individual staff member, subcontractor, property, agent or agent group and thus will avoid the need to set reminders each time an appointment is created. The user can decide at what time of day certain types of reminder are sent using the company preferences. An example of how this works would be:
A staff member books a subcontractor to carry out repairs to a property. The subcontractor receives an email with confirmation and all the details for the job he has been allocated. On the evening before the appointment the subcontractor receives a text message to remind him again and the site address etc is included. On the morning of the appointment a text message is sent to the tenant to remind them "said subcontractor will arrive at 10.00am to carry out repairs.....please call xxxxxx if this is no longer convenient"
3) Some new user defined document templates have been added. Use these templates as a starting point for creating your own custom documents that can be either printed individually or mail merged for agents, properties, suppliers, staff and jobs.
4)Contracts and proforma confirmations can now be produced for a job.
5)Full timesheet capabilities have been added. Staff members and subcontractors can now clock in and out of jobs, drive time, office time and appointments. The system will detect the location of the user when they clock in and out and if they are not close to the location they are meant to be the system will flag these timesheet entries. The location at clock in and clock out is displayed within the timesheet entry both as an address and as a map. Timesheets can be printed for one or multiple members of the workforce. Flagged entries can be shown as a list and un-flagged once they have been investigated. Timesheets include hours worked and labour costs (see hierarchy in company preferences below). An example of how this works would be:
A subcontractor or staff member arrives at a job at 8am. He clocks in on his mobile and his location is recorded as ok as he is actually where he should be. He leaves site early and arrives home then clocks out at 4pm. As he isn't at the job where he clocked in, he is informed that his timesheet has been flagged. Back at the office someone checks his flagged entries and they can see that he was at home when he clocked out. They can then contact him and make an amendment to his entry if required before then un-flagging it.
Please note that Safari and Internet Explorer desktop browsers are not compatible with this feature. If office staff clock into office time then they must use Chrome or Firefox. The best way to clock in or out is via a mobile device.
1) You can now have the system send out optional reminder emails for Job Notes, Property Notes, Staff Alerts, Communication Alerts and Property Alerts.
2) Downloadable documents are now assigned a relative filename in the following format PREFIX-RUNNUMBER-Address OR Name-DATE-AgentName. The prefix, amongst other things, can be set when defining or editing user defined or system documents from the settings menu.
3) User Defined and System Documents can now be edited in the browser window using zoho docs at run time. The changes are then saved directly back into your Construction Cloud. This can be used for all documents including those attached to letter logs or system documents in jobs such as invoices, quotes etc
4)User Defined and System Documents can be downloaded as .doc files or in PDF format. When downloading as PDF the company letterhead is automatically added to the document. The company letter head can be uploaded inside your company preferences.
5)User Defined and System Documents can now be emailed as .doc files or in PDF format. When emailed as PDF the company letterhead is automatically added to the document.
6) The system detects changes in the business object form before a system document is run and warns the user so they may refresh the document before it is downloaded / emailed.
7) Each time a document is created (either a system document or a user defined document) an optional letter log can now be automatically created and inserted into the communication history for the parent object. This provides an automatic and well organised document management system.
8) A number of small improvements have been made to user defined document templates including the ability to duplicate and reset back to a templates original state. You can also set the template to ask the user to set reminders for future runs of the document by checking the 'prompt reminder' tick box.
9) Contact Notes have been renamed to Call Logs as this better describes their key function. Call logs appear on the list of communication for their parent object and are entered to record a phone call between staff and agents, properties, suppliers or subcontractors.
10) All main query grids are displayed as infinite scroll and records are loaded as the user scrolls the grid. The paging bar has been removed.
11) The new ConstructionClouds logo has been added to various locations.
12) It is now possible to reorder the tabs displayed on forms. The order can be saved.
13) Annual leave type has been added to appointments. When entering annual leave the user now enters the duration in days rather than hours.
14) Agents tab has been added to the main visual perspective.
15) Agents now have their own place on the left navigation menu instead of being under properties.
16) All system icons have been changed to modern looking font icons.
17) Today tab has been added to the visual perspective when logging in on a tablet. This shows a list of appointments for the logged in staff member or subcontractor and provides a way to start and complete jobs in a similar way to the mobile version. The user can decide whether to display the today tab in the desktop version or not.
18) It was difficult to read the agent details and address details in the mobile version. These have now been changed to black and in addition the user can tap to call the phone numbers, tap to send a text and if they tap the 'Get Directions' link the system will open the destination (job) address in google maps to provide satellite navigation from their current location.
19) A staff member can choose between the project manager home screen or the office staff home screen. Look under system access in the staff member record to change this. Reload your visual perspective for the change to take effect.
20) Accounts Manager and Site Supervisor access levels have been added. Accounts Manger has access to all of the system and may be needed for printing of timesheets which include pay rates. Site Supervisor fills a gap between site operative and project manager; they are able to book appointments for the workforce and can access details for agents, properties and jobs but will not be able to view or change any financial information.
21) An 'annual leave wizard' has been added to make it easier to enter leave in blocks. The system will create a separate appointment for each day of the leave period. It is possible to indicate if the leave is paid or unpaid. Up to 15 days (business days) of leave can be entered at a time. The system will calculate the start and end time for each leave day based on the usual start and end time stored in the staff member or subcontractor record. The annual leave wizard does not create leave appointments on the weekend.
22) Hierarchy in system settings has been added. It provides a way to control who can view cost information for staff and subcontractor rates of pay. For example: If your access level is "office staff" you will not be able to see the "office manager" rates of pay. Those that have an access level of "office manager" will be able to see the "office staff" rates of pay but will not be able to see the rates of pay for a "director" access level. The new access level that is accounts manager will be able to see the rates of pay for all staff, even the directors.
23) When entering paid annual leave, either manually in the company planner or using the wizard, the system will check that the member of staff has enough holiday entitlement remaining. If there isn't enough the user will be alerted. The system currently only supports the current year entitlement. We will add following year entitlement in our next release.
24) Timesheet entries are automatically created for annual leave appointments. The system will check for annual leave before the start of each day. If annual leave is found it will create an entry in the timesheet for that particular member of the workforce and at the same time will increment the staff member 'holiday taken' attributes contained in the staff member record. If the annual leave is paid then the timesheet entry will calculate the associated cost. If the annual leave is unpaid or if the member of the workforce is a subcontractor the timesheet entry will not have a cost.
25) It is now possible to reactivate staff members after they have been previously deactivated.
1) Quote numbers are now properly assigned to new quotes.
2) Assisted by appointment records were not being correctly updated when changes were made to the master appointment
3) Appointments were being shown twice on a subcontractors diary if they were assisting another member of the workforce